www/97234: [patch] Re-order links in bugreports.html

Gavin Atkinson gavin at mod3.co.uk
Wed May 17 11:40:25 UTC 2006

The following reply was made to PR www/97234; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gavin Atkinson <gavin at mod3.co.uk>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: www/97234: [patch] Re-order links in bugreports.html
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:34:32 +0100

 On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 03:19 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > We can probably spend weeks to re-arrange the links in one way or
 > another.  Since people will probably have arguments for either
 > the current order or the one you propose, do we really need to
 > spend all the time it will probably take to re-arrange the links?
 >
 > Searching the problem reports is important.  Viewing all open bug
 > reports is also important.  How are we to choose between one of
 > these two link orders? :-/

 I appreciate what you are saying, although I would question the need for
 a "Show all open PRs" link, which currently returns summaries for 5347
 open PRs in 990k of HTML - I suspect the majority of people accessing it
 don't actually need to, to or would be much better served by the search
 function.  Removing this unnecessary load may even go someway towards
 reducing the number of times I see "The PR database is busy at the
 moment" messages, although I appreciate it may not be related.

 I don't care enough about this to fight for it though, so if you
 genuinely don't see any benefit in making this change then feel free to
 ignore it.

 Thanks,

 Gavin