www/106147: unknown host

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Dec 1 10:30:34 PST 2006

The following reply was made to PR www/106147; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko at FreeBSD.org>
To: ispas <dorinxp2004 at yahoo.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: www/106147: unknown host
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:30:05 +0100

 ispas wrote:

 You should add nameservers to your resolving configuration. Please
 fetch them from your ISP (or use ipconfig /all within a windows
 command shell) and do the following while being root (superuser)
 under FreeBSD:

 # echo 'nameserver ip-of-one-nameserver-here' >> /etc/resolv.conf

 Trying pinging some site now, does that work?

 Please note that I will close the PR since this is not a problem
 but a userquestion, please reply to me alone so that we can try
 to resolve this.

 Also please note that we have
 http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-questions which
 might be the perfect place for this question.

 Thanks for trying FreeBSD though!

 Cheers,
 Remko
 --
 Kind regards,

       Remko Lodder               ** remko at elvandar.org
       FreeBSD                    ** remko at FreeBSD.org

       /* Quis custodiet ipsos custodes */