Tags like <br/> and our current doctype

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Fri Mar 4 11:35:41 GMT 2005

#2 is best.  I made a patch ages and ages ago for this (not a full
patchset, mind you) that might even vaguely apply still; search the
archives for a post from me with a subject containing "XHTML" and you
should find it.

At the time the response was a mixture of mild resistance and apathy,
however; it was felt that fixing this wasn't worth the CVS churn as I
recall (yes, that surprised me too).

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)