front page thoughts

Marc Fonvieille blackend at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 2 09:08:57 PST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:45:25AM -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> WWW team -

[...]

> The front page is _really_ cluttered. The page is so busy that it's
> difficult to find things on it unless you already know where they are.
> There's a lot of stuff on there that doesn't need to be on the very
> front page.

I agree.

[...]
> FreeBSD's website looks very old. It uses a colour and design layout
> that is not popular anymore. Cleaning up the front page and minimizing
> the clutter would do a lot to make the site seem more professional,
> accessible, and well-maintained.

You're right on the whole line :)
If I look at NetBSD.org for example, their homepage is easier to use.
Well it's just my point of view but I have more problems to find
something on our Web site than on the NetBSD one.

About the look of our Web site, yes it is "a bit" outdated :)

However a big clean is a lot of work, if someone with a "real" solution
could handle that update it'd be great.

Marc