www/57845: [patch] news/press:add ofb.biz article

Josef El-Rayes j.el-rayes at daemon.li
Sat Oct 11 05:10:21 PDT 2003

The following reply was made to PR www/57845; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes at daemon.li>
To: Christian Brueffer <chris at unixpages.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: www/57845: [patch] news/press:add ofb.biz article
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:07:38 +0200

 Christian Brueffer <chris at unixpages.org> wrote:
 > I don't think this article is a good addition to the press section.
 >
 > The guy doing the review is using a very outdated version of FreeBSD
 > and it's pretty obvious that he didn't bother to look into the available
 > documentation.
 >
 > I'm all for constructive criticism, but we can't help people that don't
 > read docs.

 to be honest, i do not see the reason why we should not link the
 article. it is a subjective impression of a not very experienced (for
 me) linux user. and i think the essence of the article is not that far
 away from reality.
 i think this is the way people coming from windows/linux with not much
 unix experience will see freebsd and i think the problems he addresses
 are really things windows/linux people will have problems when migrating
 to freebsd. and after all he does not do too much criticism.
 he does a lot of praising too.

 and why should we only link 100% objective technical articles. i think
 it is refreshing to also read some of these personal articles.

 -josef

 --
 www: http://www.daemon.li
 nic-hdl: JER1080312-NICAT