misc/59890: send-pr database is spam harvested

Ceri Davies ceri at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 2 02:16:16 PST 2003

Synopsis: send-pr database is spam harvested

State-Changed-From-To: open->suspended
State-Changed-By: ceri
State-Changed-When: Tue Dec 2 02:10:29 PST 2003
State-Changed-Why:
There are many reasons why we can't filter out the email addresses,
including, but not limited to:

	o The email addresses in the PR must be correct for contributors
	  to be able to ask further queries of the submitter;

	o The PRs must be sent out to the mailing lists for people to
	  see them and supply fixes, etc.;

	o The GNATS database is public information, and is distributed
	  to anyone who wants it over CVSup;

	o The web site can be harvested for addresses just as easily as
	  the mailing lists.

However, I'll suspend this for at least 12 months in case anyone comes
up with a brilliant idea to get round this.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-www->bugmeister
Responsible-Changed-By: ceri
Responsible-Changed-When: Tue Dec 2 02:10:29 PST 2003
Responsible-Changed-Why:
This is one for the bugmeister; as the previous entry states, don't let
this discourage others from working on it.