Is anyone working on adding Intel Comet Lake Wi-FI support?

Bjoern A. Zeeb bz at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 24 20:58:30 UTC 2021

On Thu, 20 May 2021, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi,

> On 20 May 2021, at 12:48, Berislav Purgar wrote:
>
>> Any info will be great ..
>
> +100 from me.
>
> I resumed working on this yesterday updating and extracting the iwlwifi
> specific bits from my dev repo.
>
> I’ll have a better update for you by Monday evening should life not interfere
> again.

It partially did so I am not quite where I wanted to be but here's the promised update:

- I've started an email with core to resolve a licensing policy issue for
   importing the driver into HEAD; I was happy about both the feedback I
   got and that there was work in progress already on that issue.
   This is on-going.

- I've started extracting the driver, firmware, the LinuxKPI and
   remaining net80211 changes out of my dev tree into a clean tree that
   I can also push somewhere.  I've not resolved all LinuxKPI conflicts
   yet but hope to finish this all tomorrow.

- LinuxKPI changes are getting extracted into small individual bits
   and being reviewed in parallel.

I'll send another update on Thu hopefully with a link to a tree and
some documentation.

Bjoern

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7