run/wlan0 question

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Mon Nov 30 02:59:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

A Ralink/run device is plugged into the usb2 interface of a raspberry
pi running -current.

It seems to work ok other than being unassociated at boot but that's
another issue. What I'd like to know is, is this device capable
of HT/40? I think this means wifi channel bonding on 2.4GHz. Maybe
I'm doing something wrong in the syntax. The wifi router it connects
to is 1900ac in mesh mode.

If I use channel 6:ht/40 like this:
# ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev run0 country GB regdomain ETSI indoor channel 6:ht/40

I'll get:
protmode CTS ht20 ampdulimit 64k ampdudensity 4 -stbc -ldpc -uapsd wme roaming MANUAL

If I use like this:
# ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev run0 country GB regdomain ETSI indoor channel 6:ht/40 -ht20

I get:
protmode CTS -ht ampdulimit 64k ampdudensity 4 -stbc -ldpc -uapsd wme roaming MANUAL

dmesg:
run0 on uhub1
run0: <1.0> on usbus0
run0: MAC/BBP RT5390 (rev 0x0502), RF RT5370 (MIMO 1T1R), address 00:87:34:95:0b:e0
run0: [HT] Enabling 802.11n
run0: firmware RT3071 ver. 0.33 loaded

thanks,
--