Starting Station mode for rtwn(4)'s rtl8188ee

Farhan Khan khanzf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 21:31:28 UTC 2018

Hi all,

As discussed in the IRC channel, I finally got the rtwn(4) rtl8188ee device
to start receiving frames in Monitor mode. As Adrian suggested, I would
like to proceed to Station mode, but I am not certain where to start. My
question is, what are the first steps that switching to Station mode does?
What net80211 methods that reach into the driver should I target?

I can eventually find out through tracing net80211, dtrace(1) and printfs,
and probably will anyways, but it would save a lot of time if someone could
give me some pointers (pun intended).

Thank you,

--
Farhan Khan
PGP Fingerprint: B28D 2726 E2BC A97E 3854 5ABE 9A9F 00BC D525 16EE