Doing 802.11ac drivers for GSoC 2017

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 02:01:46 UTC 2017

hi!

Ok! So there's already a driver, iwm, and hopefully slowly it'll grow
11n and 11ac support. Right now it just supports 11a and 11bg. I'm
updating our driver to sync with dragonflybsd and hopefully that'll
pull in intel 3160 support if it's not already working! The good news
here though is you don't have to start from a blank slate as we
already have a working driver. :)

So, if you'd like to propose say, adding 11n and maybe 11ac to iwm,
then I could be on board with that. We'd want to check with the other
maintainers though since they may have some plans too :)

-adrian