iwm7265fw: fatal firmware error

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 20:03:19 UTC 2016

On 5 March 2016 at 06:44, Larry Rosenman <ler at lerctr.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2016 at 07:36:02PM +0900, Masachika ISHIZUKA wrote:
>> > May be workaroundable with https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4236 (restarts
>> > the device
>> > automatically after each failure; but the problem is still here)
>>
>>   Hello, Andriy.
>>
>>   Thank you for good information.
>>   After applying this patch, my dell notebook with 7260 can restart
>> iwm driver automatically and resume connections.
> Yes, this seems to help mine as well.
>
> Now if we can find someone(tm) that can fix the driver, and have it
> use the full capabilities of my 7260 AC chip.....

Heh, finding that intersection is the trick. I don't think people
quite realise how much progress in linux land happens because
companies are paying for it. I'm just too burnt out and I want to
finish the work I've started here and there before I take on anything
new.

All I can suggest is that you contact the FreeBSD foundation
(publicly, if you're willing) and explain how important
laptops/wireless is for you. If their main feedback is from large
companies caring about sendfile and arm64, then their priorities won't
ever change!

-adrian