Heads-up: moving if_urtwn into sys/dev/urtwn/

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sat Sep 26 22:26:04 UTC 2015

Hiya,

Kevin and I have talked about what we'd like to do with urtwn. This
includes new chipsets as well as PCIe attachment support.

So I'm thinking of migrating the driver from sys/dev/usb/ into
sys/dev/urtwn/ and having it contain multiple bus attachments. I'd
also like to break the driver down into smaller HAL bite sizes to make
it easier to add extra chipset support. I'd really like to add PCIe
support as well as 5GHz NIC support.

There are apparently also SDIO parts too that we may want to support.

If people have a strong feeling either way then now's your time to
voice your opinion/suggestion.

Thanks!

-adrian