How to develop a wireless driver?

Felix Friedlander felixphew0 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 21:23:03 UTC 2015

Are you sure the existing driver doesn’t work? Try adding these two lines to loader.conf:

if_urtwn_load=“YES"
legal.realtek.license_ack=1

and rebooting. If that doesn’t work, I would be looking at NDIS as your next best option - writing drivers is *hard*(as I have discovered in my own attempts to update the bwn(4) driver).