ath0 performence issues "ar9300_Stub_GetCTSTimeout" "ar9300_Stub_GetCTSTimeout

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 04:27:18 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 4:15 AM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hm, it's possible the AR9462 needs a bunch more attention. The driver
> I got from QCA in 2011/2012 era timeline was early-ish and I think a
> bunch of fixes/changes were done since then. But I don't know what
> those are.
>
> Yeah, just disable 2GHz for now and see if that helps.
>
> When I get a spare moment I'm trying to get the tools updated for the
> AR9380 and later chips so it's easier to debug stuff. But this can all
> get very time consuming and it's all stuff I'm doing for fun/free. :(

I get that... It does seem that rebooting helps, so I can live it that, and
don't mind the wait...

there's probably more important stuff to do..

I have another laptop where I need to use  a USB card (usb ralink -
 rt3071) and I can't get much better than ~9Mb download...
802.11n on USB cards which I gather is lacking in FreeBSD, seems more
important... (well to me at least lol)

All I can do is test and donate to the FreeBSD foundation (which I do), but
sometimes I do feel like it would be good if we could do more direct
donations...

I'm not saying it in the sense that if I donate to say... you... you maybe
do this faster... not at all, but at the same time it is true that in my
specific case I beneficent from a lot of you're work (the same can be said
about other projects) and I would mind donating to those project
directly... but AFAICT that can't be done, except by companies who sponsor
specific projects of course.