Intel Centrino wireless-n 2230

Kostya Berger bergerkos at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 23:51:39 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,
glad to meet you. I subscribed to this list in order to get my above mentioned card to work.Currently, the situation is as follows:It's Intel Centrino wireless-N 2230 Mini PCIe that came pre-installed on my GA-Z77N-wifi motherboard.I'm running 11.0-CURRENT, downloaded pre-compiled txz distro files, dated 22.01.2015.
iwn0 interface gets created (in 10.1-RELEASE it doesn't), also wlan0 interface gets created all right.ifconfig wlan0 list scan command returns the list of the available SSIDs with parameters.However, wpa_supplicant fails to connect to my router's SSID, though it is present among the scan results.ifconfig wlan0 shows, among other things, "no carrier" for wlan0.  Manual connection using wpa_cli is no better.
BTW, can I somehow apply the needed code to 10.1-STABLE source tree and compile there, or do I need 11-CURRENT to run the latest version of this driver? Because 11-CURRENT will require rebuilding all ports. So right now I'm running it on a separate spare HDD, only base system.
Thanks to everyone for your hard work :)))
 With kindest regards,
Kostya Berger