TDMA slot(bh)

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 19 16:41:32 UTC 2015

The whole point here is that DBA is used to control the start of the
slot times, and SWBA is used to only send out actual beacon frames in
multiples of that.

normally you'd have SWBA be just before DBA, and and they'd have the
same interval.

Here DBA is used primarily to gate the start of the slot time for that
particular device, and it only bothers sending the beacon frame every
'tdmaswba' DBA intervals. The beacons are used to announce that the
device is there and to update RTT estimates; it's not doing anything
like gating broadcast traffic.

-adrian