Broadcom BCM4318

Mohammad BadieZadegan mbzadegan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:34:44 UTC 2015

Dear Felix Friedlander,
Thanks for following my issue.
I copied and reinstall your new bwn-kmod-firmware (0.2.0).
I think that my state is better than but still I do not get any IP.
PS: My WiFi LED turned on but it has not get any IP address.

************** My dmesg ***********
siba_bwn0: <Broadcom BCM4318 802.11b/g Wireless> mem 0xd0204000-0xd0205fff
irq 20 at device 2.0 on pci5
bwn0 on siba_bwn0
bwn0: WLAN (chipid 0x4318 rev 9) PHY (analog 3 type 2 rev 7) RADIO (manuf
0x17f ver 0x2050 rev 8)
bwn0: DMA (32 bits)
bwn0: firmware version (rev 666 patch 2 date 0xb217 time 0x9e7)
bwn0: warn: firmware state (0)
bwn0: warn: firmware state (0)
bwn0: warn: firmware state (0)
bwn0: warn: firmware state (0)

************** My ifconfig ************
bwn0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 2290
    ether 00:14:a5:63:39:e5
    nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
    media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11g
    status: associated
wlan0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
    ether 00:14:a5:63:39:e5
    nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
    media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (autoselect)
    status: no carrier
    ssid "" channel 4 (2427 MHz 11g)
    country US authmode WPA2/802.11i privacy ON deftxkey UNDEF txpower 30
    bmiss 7 scanvalid 60 bgscan bgscanintvl 300 bgscanidle 250 roam:rssi 7
    roam:rate 5 protmode CTS wme roaming MANUAL