AP mac addresses, ticks and ANI fixes - please upgrade

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 1 06:53:10 UTC 2015

Hi,

After incessant poking by Michael Kosarev who has been using AR9380's
at home as AP NICs for quite some time, I finally figured out why
performance in -HEAD is terrible.

TL;DR is - things don't work well when ticks wrapped around. This
affected net80211 (aggregation, at the very least; god knows what else
is lurking there) and calibration/ANI work in ath(4).

Things are back to their usual selves. I've tested AR9380, AR933x SoC,
AR934x SoC and QCA955x SoC, as APs and stations.

I've also made 'athsurvey' and 'athstats -o ani' work on the AR9380
and later chips. This makes it much easier to diagnose weird airtime
issues.

I've also started converting APs over to using the correct board
addresses. I've done the TL-WR1043nd v2 and the TL-WDR3600. I'll do
some more of them over the weekend.

So please do update and upgrade. :)

Thank you to Michael for buying me the TL-WDR3600 to put FreeBSD on.
It's a fantastic AP.

-adrian