pcap_inject() ruins my handmade packets

clutton clutton at zoho.com
Sun Oct 26 01:05:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 17:32 -0700, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Which version of FreeBSD are you using?
>
> I only recently fixed raw frame injection in monitor mode in
> FreeBSD-11. How are you trying to do raw frame injection?
>

> -adrian

Any ideas? Why this doesn't work for me using pcap and works using
sockets?
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/mac80211-injection.txt

As I understand monitor mode can be used for injections now, is it
right?

As I remember some discussion here (a long time ago) said that the
monitor mode is for monitoring :) and people should use other modes for
injections. But since new pcap API was introduced, we can see that the
monitor mode is not only for monitoring.