Does FreeBSD periodically transmit all SSIDs its knows of ?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Fri Oct 3 10:27:23 UTC 2014

Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Depends if wpa_supplicant is configured to do active scanning or not.
> -a

Sorry, I don't understand ?  On latest current:

man wpa_supplicant has no '-a'
& There is no word `active` in man wpa_supplicant.conf

I see with default scan_ssid=0 FreeBSD sends a broadcast Probe Request frame.
If some network blocks within a wpa_supplicant.conf have
	scan_ssid=1
then does FreeBSD actively sequence through sending
directed Probe Request frames with known net names ?

Or are you refering to
	ap_scan
or some other command ?

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
 Indent previous with "> ".  Interleave reply paragraphs like a play script.