Wireless API

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 13 23:57:21 UTC 2013

What do you mean like "connection percentage" ?

Do you mean like signal strength? If so, then yes.

You can then make some basic heuristic guesses mapping signal level / RSSI
to a connection percentage based on some assumptions. For example, you
could look at the minimum RSSI required to guarantee some decent stability
at each receive/transmit rate (from 1mbit->54mbit, then MCS1->MCS23) and
then use that to map out connection percentage (where stable at MCS0 /
1mbit would be lowest, and stable at MCS7/54mbit would be 100%.)

HTH,

-adrian