patch for intel centrino ?

George Neville-Neil gnn at neville-neil.com
Tue Aug 27 22:46:00 UTC 2013

On 08/27/13 12:11, George Neville-Neil wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2013, at 11:08 , "Cedric GROSS" <cg at cgross.info> wrote:
>
>>> -----Message d'origine----- De : George Neville-Neil
>>> [mailto:gnn at freebsd.org] Envoyé : mardi 27 août 2013 16:23 À :
>>> Cedric GROSS Cc : freebsd-wireless at freebsd.org; 'Adrian Chadd'
>>> Objet : Re: patch for intel centrino ?

>>> not 2030.

>>> (http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/iwlwifi?action=AttachFile&

do=ge

>>> module
>>>
>>> With the 2000 firmware I get a firmware crash:
>>>
>>> Aug 27 10:20:12 punk kernel: iwn0: iwn_intr: fatal firmware
>>> error Aug 27 10:20:12 punk kernel: firmware error log: Aug 27
>>> 10:20:12 punk kernel: error type      = "UNKNOWN" (0x00000038)
>>> Aug 27 10:20:13 punk kernel: iwn0: iwn_config: could not
>>> configure valid TX chains, error 35 Aug 27 10:20:13 punk
>>> kernel: iwn0: iwn_init_locked: could not configure device,
>>> error 35
>>
>> Hum.. I nearly sure is because your NIC don't have BT.
>>
>> Set advanced_bt_coexist to false within iwn2000_base_params. May
>> be it will not run also but iwn cannot skip BT config for the
>> moment. If setting parameter to false doesn't change crash, try
>> to comment  /* Configure bluetooth coexistence. */ bloc code in
>> iwn_config.
>>
>> I will do a patch for that later.
>>

> I had to #if 0 out the code but now something is happening and the
> fw is not crashing. I still cannot associate but am tracking that
> down via debug from wpa_supplicant. It does look like it tries to
> do it, but it just fails  The AP is an Apple Extreme.
>

> Best, George
>
> wpa_driver_bsd_associate: ssid 'XXX' wpa ie len 22 pairwise 3 group
> 3 key mgmt 1 wpa_driver_bsd_set_drop_unencrypted: enabled=1
> wpa_driver_bsd_set_auth_alg alg 0x1 authmode 1
> wpa_driver_bsd_associate: set PRIVACY 1 Setting authentication
> timeout: 10 sec 0 usec EAPOL: External notification - EAP
> success=0 EAPOL: Supplicant port status: Unauthorized EAPOL:
> External notification - EAP fail=0 EAPOL: Supplicant port status:
> Unauthorized EAPOL: External notification - portControl=Auto EAPOL:
> Supplicant port status: Unauthorized Authentication with
> c8:bc:c8:ff:43:c5 timed out. BSSID c8:bc:c8:ff:43:c5 blacklist
> count incremented to 2 No keys have been configured - skip key
> clearing State: ASSOCIATING -> DISCONNECTED

OK, I left work's network to try this out in a Starbucks which has
open WiFi and then authenticates with the web.  It is working from
here.  I'll try it next on a network that has WPA-PSK again.  It might
just be that my MAC was not registered on the work network.

Cedric, if you can update your code and also include the proper module
for iwnfw2000 that would be good.  I can add the module to the tree if
others want, but I'm not committing any code as Adrian is working with
you on that.

Best,
George