kern/163318: [ath] ath(4) stops working

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:00:36 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR kern/163318; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com>
To: Joel Dahl <joel at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/163318: [ath] ath(4) stops working
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:53:42 -0800

 On 17 January 2012 10:50, Joel Dahl <joel at freebsd.org> wrote:
 >> Then verify that it's working as advertised:
 >>
 >> * sysctl dev.ath.0.txagg=1 and check dmesg - sc_in_scan should be 0;
 >> * do a manual scan (ifconfig wlan0 scan) and then redo the above
 >> sysctl - it should be 1.
 >
 > Hm. I did the above changes and rebuilt my kernel. If I do sysctl
 > dev.ath0.txagg=1, sc_in_scan is 0 just as expected. If I do a manual scan
 > right after, it is still set to 0.

 right. Can you check the sc_in_scan value _during_ an ifconfig wlan0
 scan ? (ie, whilst it's running.)

 You'll have to be ninja-fast.

 I just want to verify that it's actually working..

 > ...or was I supposed to _only_ do ifconfig wlan0 scan once the interface has
 > died?

 The above is just to verify that it's working. Once that's done, check
 sc_in_scan once the interface has hung.

 I'm testing the hypothesis that the scan logic is "hung" somehow and
 that is why the interface never comes out of STA power save mode.

 Adrian