kern/163318: [ath] ath(4) stops working

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:30:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 10 January 2012 10:00, Joel Dahl <joel at freebsd.org> wrote:

>  For the record: I put in another PCI ath(4) card and I'm seeing the same
>  thing with this card. After a while, wireless stops working. It seems to
>  go in to some power save mode, and then gets stuck. ifconfig wlan0 scan
>  fixes it, as usual.
>
>  One thing I've noticed though is that it seems to take much longer for this
>  card to stop working. Usually around 9-10 hours. Could be a coincidence of
>  course.

Hm. Right, I didn't think it was chipset specific. I think it's very
likely another subtle race condition inside net80211 which we just
haven't properly fixed.

The scan stuff _should_ be running in the net80211 taskqueue (which
one exists per interface, iirc.) So it shouldn't be racing with
itself, but it may be racing with other bits.

I'm trying to reproduce it here, but I won't have a dual-core machine
w/ an AR9220 ready for another week or two.

Adrian