[patch] net80211: reject STA frames not destined to the current STA VAP MAC address

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 27 19:58:11 UTC 2011

On 27 October 2011 21:02, Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Allright, the important part here seems to be that the seqnos have to
> be in a certain order to even remotely trigger an issue. Otherwise
> the frames are just discarded as either out of order or because of
> replay detection. I'd still add its own counter though, how about
> that?

Right. So the way I saw this triggered was:

* 11n AMPDU-RX - non-aggregate frames wouldn't trigger this bug;
* one station TX'ing AMPDU frames via iperf tcp;
* another station (mostly) listening

That way the chance of the frame having a higher seqno enough to
trigger the condition would be higher.

Adrian