kern/148112: [ath] Atheros 9285 cannot register with wifi AP (timeout)

Acadix Info jwbacon at tds.net
Wed Oct 5 23:30:10 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/148112; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Acadix Info <jwbacon at tds.net>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, izaera at gmail.com
Subject: Re: kern/148112: [ath] Atheros 9285 cannot register with wifi AP
 (timeout)
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 17:55:58 -0500

 I'm seeing the same log messages on a EEE PC 1015PE running 8.2-RELEASE.

 The wireless works more or less, but has very weak reception.  I have to
 be within about 20 feet of the wireless router at home, or I lose the
 connection.  I have not been able to use it at all at work.

 Not sure if the weak connection could be a driver issue, but as I'm
 seeing the same log messages, I thought a followup was in order.

 I ruled out a hardware problem by booting easypeasy from a USB stick.
 Wireless performance in easypeasy was fine.