Panic in AHDEMO mode (was: net-mgmt/aircrack-ng on FreeBSD 7+/call for testing)

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Sun Oct 2 11:55:03 UTC 2011

Dnia 2 października 2011 12:17 Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> napisał(a):

> Well, "whether we care" still is drawing a line between users and
> developers here, right? :)
>
> It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't have the time. If
> y'all want to sort it out, then that means "you care", and suddenly
> someone cares. :)
>
> So there's three of you there at least who are interested and one of
> you has given a patch. Let me know how it goes. :)
>

> Adrian

I understand that you don't have time (I'm not either
idle) and in no way was that pointed to you, by
"not care" I was meaning that compared to number of
people complaining that aircrack-ng does not work, a
minuscule (one on ports list) tried aircrack-ng after
patching. (results similar to Любомир Григоров).

For now, it looks that if_ath is problematic either way,
and we are waiting for someone with (possibly) if_bwn
to ensure patching was beneficial at all/step in right
direction.

I personally want to take ahdemo support of if_ath out
of equation presently, unless somebody feels capable
of investigating it on their own.

(I'm using if_ath too, and airodump both in monitor/ahdemo
works, but with aircrack situation is same as before).

best regards, sorry for apparent confusion.
- Jakub Lach