Panic in AHDEMO mode (was: net-mgmt/aircrack-ng on FreeBSD 7+ /call for testing)

Jakub Lach jakub_lach at mailplus.pl
Sun Oct 2 08:24:10 UTC 2011

Dnia 2 października 2011 4:39 Любомир Григоров <nm.knife at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> I opened 2 bug reports a while ago regarding 2 common interfaces and AHDEMO,
> one completely missing it and the other not working.
>
> o kern/156322 wireless [wpi] no ahdemo support for if_wpi
> o kern/156321 wireless [ath] ahdemo doesn't work with if_ath
>
> There is also this further back, which might be related:
> o kern/144987 wireless [wpi] [panic] injecting packets with wlaninject
> using
>
> This is a 2 year old thread, but it seems MONITOR mode is working in
> OpenBSD:
> http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php?topic=4658.0
>
> If that's true, I just don't know how they can pull stuff like that and
> suspend/resume for i386 when they are a much smaller project.

I do know, that situation is more complex than
that, but I personally would like to at first
ensure that recent aircrack patch corrects
situation for users of cards that could work
with aircrack-ng injection currently... But
they do not, just due to changes in ieee80211.c
(if_bwn possibly?)

Secondarily, I would like to spark some interest
on this subject, but it's look like people are
busy with other things/ do not care (e.g.
net80211/wlaninject was last updated 2 years
ago to use ahdemo by default (r195848), I would
like aircrack-ng brought to this state at least.
Or confirmation that latest patch did it.)

best regards,
- Jakub Lach