Panic in AHDEMO mode (was: net-mgmt/aircrack-ng on FreeBSD 7+ / call for testing)

Любомир Григоров nm.knife at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 03:04:40 UTC 2011

I opened 2 bug reports a while ago regarding 2 common interfaces and AHDEMO,
one completely missing it and the other not working.

o kern/156322 wireless [wpi] no ahdemo support for if_wpi
o kern/156321 wireless [ath] ahdemo doesn't work with if_ath

There is also this further back, which might be related:
o kern/144987 wireless [wpi] [panic] injecting packets with wlaninject
using

This is a 2 year old thread, but it seems MONITOR mode is working in
OpenBSD:
http://forum.aircrack-ng.org/index.php?topic=4658.0

If that's true, I just don't know how they can pull stuff like that and
suspend/resume for i386 when they are a much smaller project.

--
Lyubomir Grigorov (bgalakazam)