Why does iwn driver in FreeBSD is coded in just one file.

Bernhard Schmidt bschmidt at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 30 08:36:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 20:52, Ninad Adi <adi.ninad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hereby, I officially  propose the splitting up of iwn driver code as
> it is growing and will continue growing as
> rate scaling improvements plus the P2P mode support would come into picture.

iwn(4) is imported (mostly, sans 11n support) unmodified from OpenBSD,
up till now there isn't a single valid reason to split up any of the
code. Heck, I've done my best to keep the code diff(1)able against the
original code.

If *you* gonna provide additional features to iwn(4) I might
reconsider that decision, but I want to see some code first. Btw, any
ratectl related stuff should go to net80211(4) not to the drivers,
same for P2P, we have not a single line of code to support that
currently.

--
Bernhard