HT on only one ath adapter possible?

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Wed May 18 19:01:33 UTC 2011

I have two Atheros AR9220 (Merlin) cards in my machine running -HEAD. They work great without any patches (thanks Adrian!). I use one as an access point so I want it to be relatively stable, but the other one I can (and would like to) experiment with. I am currently running a kernel _without_ options ATH_ENABLE_11N since AP mode in particular was finicky last time I tried it with that setting. However, 11N modes are one thing I would like to experiment with.

If I compile ATH_ENABLE_11N back in, is it possible to disable 11N / HT rates on one adapter but not the other? If there's not a precise way (like a sysctl?), can anyone suggest a workaround that approximates the same thing?

Thanks,

JN