SPAM-LOW: Re: Atheros 5212 based card causing system freeze - suggested replacement?

Geoff Roberts geoff at apro.com.au
Tue Aug 30 07:21:35 UTC 2011

Hi Adrian,

Quoting Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>:
> Thanks. Let's first try 32 bit on that system of yours. I hope it's
> something simple/subtle that I can reproduce locally.

Unfortunately booting from the 32 bit 8.2-R i386 system froze when loading the ath driver. Same as the 64 bit system.

The new system (apart from a new motherboard, CPU and architecture :)) also has more than 4GB  RAM installed. I guess in theory the 32 bit kernel should take that out of the equation.

Is there any other debug information I can help with, or is this looking more like an intractable low-level PCI/BIOS/Firmware interface issue?

Kind regards,

Geoff

--

___________________________________