XR9 w 8.2 Stable

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 26 11:42:13 UTC 2011

(re-cc'ing freebsd-wireless as it's interesting.)

On 26 August 2011 19:14, Edgar Martinez <emartinez at kbcnetworks.com> wrote:
> what's causing the stuck beacons you think?

No idea. :)

Lot's of reasons. DMA taking too long, TX engine is stuck, RX CLEAR is
stuck low, the medium is too busy, calibration is taking too long,
etc.

> also when the ucast rate is set to 6, I notice that all nodes have a minimum latency of 17ms.
>
> when set to 12, they appear to work just fine. ideas?

No idea? :) "6" should be an OFDM rate, same as 12. Maybe there's
something going on with power calibration in the AR5212 series NICs
that needs the higher rates to be used?
(Since the earlier nics use PAPRD test frames to calibrate the output TX.)

Adrian