AR5416 beacon issue.

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Tue Aug 23 13:23:06 UTC 2011

Hi!

On 23 August 2011 17:37, Kang Yin Su <cantona at cantona.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> OK, this patch fix the beacons sequence number from AR5416 chips. With this
> code added, both beacons send from AR5212 and AR5416 chips are fine, the
> sequence numbers are increase by 1. I have no idea why the AR5212 chips do
> not this require this. The AR5212 hardware probably ignore this field and
> added the seq no. by itself?

Can you just verify that both the TDMA and non-TDMA beacon send code
in ath(4) actually generates a new beacon each time, and thus will
-get- an updated sequence number?

I'm worried that the current ath(4) beacon code only fires off a new
beacon to the hardware if the beacon contents needed changing, and
just re-uses the same frame over and over, expecting the hardware to
bump the sequence number.

Would you mind checking for me? :)

Thanks,

Adrian