Bad host-vased AP performace -- and qouple of questions about FreeBSD WiFi stack tuning

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Tue Aug 9 13:36:22 UTC 2011

Hello, Adrian.
You wrote 9 августа 2011 г., 17:22:59:

>>> exported to user space (ifconfig).
>>  "ifconfig wlan0 list txpower" shows two limits for each channel
>>  like:
>>
>>   Channel   1 : 2412 MHz 30.0 reg 30
>>
>>  but I'm not sure, is this meaningful.
> That's the configured regulatory limit. There's no way for the driver
> to say exactly what the maximum TX power is for each configured rate
> for the current channel.
  Here are TWO numbers :) Both from regulatory limits?

> (Or, when we eventually support per-packet TPC, what the
> minimum/maximum TX power range is for each peer node.)
> That's a nice project for someone who'd like to get more familiar with net80211.
  This slice is too big for me :( It is very interesting, indeed, but
  when you have full-day payed work, not related to FreeBSD, you have
  only very short time periods for such projects. And it is not type
  of project, which could be done when you have pauses at work -- it
  need access directly to hardware, and cannot be done remotely, as
  port maintaining could be done.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>