Do you respect the date_modified field?

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Fri Dec 17 09:37:36 PST 2004

At present, FreshPorts deletes all VuXML information each time a
commit to ~/ports/security/vuxml/vuln.xml occurs.  To reduce database
churn, I'm now looking at optimizing this process.

I expect the answer to my question to be yes, but do not want to rely
upon only my expectation.  Do you respect the date_modified field?

I ask for reasons of keeping things simple.  FreshPorts inserts each
vuln into a table.  Is it sufficient for FreshPorts to compare the
last_modified field as supplied in vuln.xml to determine whether or
not it should update its information?

Thanks
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/