vuln.xml *is* XML (was Re: vuln.xml is not XML)

Jacques Vidrine nectar at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 30 18:30:31 PDT 2004

On Aug 30, 2004, at 7:34 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
> With CDATA, it works,

With CDATA, it breaks: some markup is incorrectly treated as text
content.

> without, it fails and I have to treat every <p>,
> <em> and <blockquote> as a node, not markup.

without, it works perfectly.

That is exactly how it is supposed to work, Dan :-)  I guess I
understand now what you are trying to accomplish.  If you want to stuff
processed XML (i.e. an XML nodeset) into a database, you must first
convert the nodeset into a character stream in the usual fashion.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A Vidrine / NTT/Verio
nectar at celabo.org / jvidrine at verio.net / nectar at freebsd.org