vuln.xml *is* XML (was Re: vuln.xml is not XML)

Jacques Vidrine nectar at celabo.org
Mon Aug 30 17:15:24 PDT 2004

On Aug 30, 2004, at 12:39 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> I refer to my previous message regarding the difficulties in parsing
> vuln.xml.  I have since learned that any markup (e.g. <p>) should be
> be in
> a CDATA section.
>
> See http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/ and look at section 2.7.
>
>    CDATA sections begin with the string "<![CDATA[" and end with the
>    string "]]>":]
>
> I propose that markup be enclosed with a CDATA section.

No this is absolutely wrong :-)  The XHTML is embedded with VuXML...
the whole document is one XML document.  Some elements are in the VuXML
namespace, while others are in the XHTML namespace.  Markup cannot
exist in a CDATA section--- if it is in a CDATA section, it is *not*
markup but *text content*.

I saw your earlier message about XML::Node, but since I am not familiar
with that (or XML::Parser), I did not understand what problem you were
having.  Could you try to describe it differently?

Cheers,
--
Jacques A Vidrine / NTT/Verio
nectar at celabo.org / jvidrine at verio.net / nectar at freebsd.org