parsing vuln.xml with XML::Node

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sun Aug 29 14:44:08 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

I've run into a problem parsing the vuln.xlm file.  I'm using the perl
XML::Node module.  The issue is the body field.  This field contains XHTML
extract the contents of <body>...</body>.  The only solution I've found is
by no means an ideal solution.  There must be something I'm missing.

It has been suggested I use XML::Parser instead (XML::Node is based upon
XML::Parser).

See a working example at http://beta.freshports.org/tmp/testing.tgz

it runs like this:

   perl load_vuxml_into_db.pl vuln.xml

If someone can figure out how I can do this, it will be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/