database tables for VuXML

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Aug 24 17:53:29 PDT 2004

On 25 Aug 2004 at 0:35, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:

> Dan Langille wrote:
>
> > FreshPorts stores PORTVERSION and PORTREVISION as separate text
> > fields.  I take it that the ranges equations should compare only
> > PORTVERSION and ignore PORTREVISION.
>
> Please not. pkg_version -t is the reference here, when you get different
> results something is wrong

I'm confused.  FreshPorts obtains information primarily via "make -
V". pkg_version works on installed ports only.  FreshPorts is not
gong to install a port to find out what version we have.  Are we
talking about the same thing?

> (and ignoring PORTREVISION will get you different results).
> Also keep in mind that PORTEPOCH is an essential component.

That's news to me. Thanks.  I see it is used to create PKGNAME.
Looking at range data of vuxml, I see now that PORTEPOCH is used.
OK.  Thanks for the heads up.

--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/