cvs commit: ports/security/portaudit-db/database portaudit.txt portaudit.xlist portaudit.xml

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 17 13:39:17 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:49:15 +0200
Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier at fillmore-labs.com> wrote:

> Tom Rhodes wrote:
>
> >> Jacques doens't seem to like this: "Aaaaaahh!". I don't really care
> >> ident(1) is fine for me, and it seems like this is the only reliable
> >> indication. OTOH you'll need a couple of references (file, list of
> >> FreeBSD versions). Doable, so when no other ideas pop up we should do
> >> this.
> >
> > Yea, I already mentioned this.  We could also stat the UPDATING
> > file for the entry?  Perhaps some kind of string could be checked
> > with grep or something.
>
> UPDATING needs /src, which a) might not be available, and b) may be more
> recent the the installed software.
> -Oliver

BLAH!  The date from uname compaired to date of advisory.  Shit,
that only works for kernel.  Hmmm

--
Tom Rhodes