Problem with vm switch

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sat Feb 8 17:04:19 UTC 2020

Xavier Humbert wrote on 2020/02/08 17:08:
> Hello,
>
> I use vm-bhyve succesful, BUT...
> I once made a typo in y rc.conf, adding igbd2 instead of ibg0 to
> bridge0, then corrected
>> ifconfig_bridge0="addm tap1 addm igb0"
> But, vm-public interface stick to igb2 and tap0 !
>
>> vm-public:
>> [...]
>> member: tap0
>> member: igb2
>> groups: bridge vm-switch viid-4c918@
>
> I grepped /etc for occurence of igb2, nothing
>
> How the hell is igb2 member of vm-public ?

vm-bhyve has it configuration stored in a file in a directory where you
have its setup. Mine is /vol0/bhyve

# cat /vol0/bhyve/.config/system.conf
switch_list="public"
type_public="standard"
ports_public="lagg0"

Try to change ports_public

Settings for each VM is /vol0/bhyve/<vmname>/<vmname>.conf

You can see current settings

# vm switch info
------------------------
Virtual Switch: public
------------------------
   type: standard
   ident: vm-public
   vlan: -
   physical-ports: lagg0
   bytes-in: 44511490779 (41.454G)
   bytes-out: 96473446839 (89.847G)

   virtual-port
     device: tap20
     vm: <vmname>

You can also destroy and create the switch again with "vm switch".

Miroslav Lachman