Update to the sysutils/uefi-edk2-bhyve and related ports

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bsdio.com
Tue Dec 29 02:32:01 UTC 2020

On 12/28/20 7:21 PM, Jason Tubnor wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Dec 2020 at 04:14, MR <mr at freebsd.org
> <mailto:mr at freebsd.org>> wrote:

>     Zitat von Rebecca Cran <rebecca at bsdio.com <mailto:rebecca at bsdio.com>>:
>
>      > On 12/6/20 4:45 PM, Michael wrote:
>

>     BTW:
>     I just saw a new image:
>     https://people.freebsd.org/~bcran/bhyve/BhyveX64-20201213/BHYVE_UEFI.fd
>     <https://people.freebsd.org/~bcran/bhyve/BhyveX64-20201213/BHYVE_UEFI.fd>
>
>     This seem to work booting a windows 10 guest.
>
>     What has changed in this version?
>
>     Thanks for working on this!
>

> I also can confirm that the above also works for OpenBSD guests using
> UEFI.  Minimum resolution for OpenBSD guests must be 1024x768 or you
> need to re-establish the VNC session.
>
> If this moves to ports, we maybe able to move off our custom
> BHYVE_UEFI.fd .  I'll test across other guests to validate, but this
> looks great.
>
> Thanks for your work on this!

Great!
I think the one remaining issue that needs resolved then is that 64-bit
BARs are located at 64 TB, which is much higher than the EDK2 code now
expects: it looks at the guest memory size and restricts the address
width based on that, with a minimum width of 36 bits.

I'll try and take a look at that this weekend. I think Peter Grehan is
also working on it.

--
Rebecca Cran