resizing a FreeBSD-12.1 vm on Azure

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Tue Dec 15 03:56:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

Has anyone ever resized a freebsd vm on Azure? I don't mean just the disks.
Really the whole point is to have more CPU and RAM. I have the option to do
this via their portal, just select whats required and hit 'resize' but I'm
a bit hesitant. I guess it'll work on a windows VM but anything else?

If you did manage to do this, did you need to shut the VM down before
resizing it? Was your external IP preserved or did it force you to have
another one? Did you have to run anything else, like growfs?

The author of https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/azure-vm.62440/ tried
to do this in 2017 but wasn't able to at the time.

thanks,
--
J.