azure-agent problems

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Fri Aug 14 03:20:54 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 07:47:14PM -0700, Oleksandr Tymoshenko wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I think python3 is provided by lang/python3 meta-package:
>
>% pkg which /usr/local/bin/python3
>/usr/local/bin/python3 was installed by package python3-3_3
>% ls -la /usr/local/bin/python3
>lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  9 Jul  9 17:43 /usr/local/bin/python3 -> python3.7

Hi,

Interesting you mention that.

This vm was installed, initially it was 12.0-RELEASE, through Azure
Marketplace. So the python was provisioned by default in /usr/bin/python.
By that, I mean the vm instance came into being and it was there, before
anything was installed. Subsequent stuff installed through pkg follows
$LOCALBASE as expected.

The vm was later upgraded through freebsd-update to 12.1-p8

Maybe I should remove the /usr/bin/python which will be python27?

Because I had to manually create the symlink of python3 pointing to python3.7,
pkg which shows this:

$ pkg which /usr/local/bin/python3
/usr/local/bin/python3 was not found in the database

also,

$ pkg which /usr/local/bin/python3.7
/usr/local/bin/python3.7 was installed by package python37-3.7.8_1

python3.7 was never installed specifically on this vm. I imagine it was
installed as a requirement of py37-certbot which the vm also uses.
--
J.