FreeBSD a server and bhyve

Patrick M. Hausen hausen at punkt.de
Wed Aug 12 17:40:15 UTC 2020

Hi!

> Am 12.08.2020 um 15:54 schrieb Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo at gmail.com>:
> Do you mind sharing the tools you use (scripts) for creating/managing VMs?

I use FreeNAS aka TrueNAS Core as a hypervisor system. That may be a bit much.
Specifically it provides a rather large attack surface if hosted on the Internet.

Inside a private network it is one of my favourite FreeBSD based products.
File sharing, replication, jails, VMs … all in one nice box and UI.

> 1. https://www.davd.io/install-ubuntu-on-freebsd-with-bhyve/
> 2. https://www.daemon-security.com/blog/bhyve-simple-0713/

iohyve and chyves seem to be two possible choices:

https://github.com/pr1ntf/iohyve
http://chyves.org

Kind regards,
Patrick
--
punkt.de GmbH
Patrick M. Hausen

Kaiserallee 13a
76133 Karlsruhe

Tel. +49 721 9109500

https://infrastructure.punkt.de
info at punkt.de

AG Mannheim 108285
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Egeling, Daniel Lienert, Fabian Stein