vmware/vmx causing problems

rainer at ultra-secure.de rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Aug 10 08:42:18 UTC 2020

Am 2020-08-10 09:03, schrieb Daniel Braniss:
>> On 10 Aug 2020, at 09:46, Rainer Duffner <rainer at ultra-secure.de>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 10.08.2020 um 07:27 schrieb Daniel Braniss <danny at cs.huji.ac.il>:
>>>
>>> hi,
>>> suspend/resume/migrate works fine up to  11.3,
>>> in 12.1 it usually becomes very unresponsive, ping can take several
>>> minutes after a suspend/migrate.
>>> switching to em works fine.
>>>
>>> any ideas on how to save this?
>>>

>> You need to disable snapshotting the memory.
>
> who is snapshotting the memory? and how can I stop it?

Well, if you manually do a snapshot, there's a checkbox which is usually
checked to snapshot the VMs memory.

I guess when VEEAM does a backup, it doesn't snapshot the memory and
thus the bug never triggers.

I asked about this on stable a while back, too and got this answer.

Not sure about migrations. I haven't had any problems.