bhyve/arm64 status

Mihai Carabas mihai.carabas at gmail.com
Mon May 27 07:08:50 UTC 2019

Hello,

There is no bhyve-arm/arm64 in current. All the code is on our repo
here [1], but has an old HEAD.

We did a rebase last week but we did not tested [2].

Currently the code is not mergeable as bhyve does not have a structure
of machine dependent/independent code and creating such a structure
would take some time. We talked with John Baldwin at BSDCan to find a
easiest way to merge arm/arm64. In the next months we hope we will
find the suitable solution to get the code into current.

Thank you,
Mihai

[1] https://github.com/FreeBSD-UPB/freebsd/commits/projects/bhyvearm64
[2] https://github.com/FreeBSD-UPB/freebsd/commits/projects/bhyvearm64-refactor