[Differential] D20276: [bhyve][virtio-net] Allow guest VM's to set JUMBO MTU in case of using the VALE switch.

v.maffione_gmail.com (Vincenzo Maffione) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 17 19:28:09 UTC 2019

v.maffione_gmail.com added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aleksandr.fedorov_itglobal.com wrote in pci_virtio_net.c:407
> I drop it to simplify the code under the assumption that current setup code
>
>   void
>    pci_vtnet_netmap_setup(struct pci_vtnet_softc *sc, char *ifname)
>    {
>         sc->vsc_nmd = nm_open(ifname, NULL, 0, 0);
>   }
>
> always sets the number of  TX/RX rings to one. And there is no way to change it using bhyve(8).
>
> In the future, I want to replace the legacy API and add the ability to specify not only the VALE switch, but also other types of netmap ports, and return the iteration through the rings.
>
> Or I can return this code now. What do you think?

That's fine. But still you need to replace cur_rx_ring with cur_tx_ring, for consistency.

CHANGES SINCE LAST ACTION
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D20276/new/

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D20276