Updating uefi-edk2-bhyve

Rebecca Cran rebecca at bluestop.org
Sat Mar 30 16:39:06 UTC 2019

On 3/29/19 2:08 PM, Rebecca Cran via freebsd-virtualization wrote:

> I ran the SCT 2.6 against the updated Bhyve firmware and uploaded the
> results to https://bluestop.org/files/Summary.log .
>
> I'm not sure how the failures compare with either the current firmware
> or OVMF though, so I'm not sure how useful it is.

I ran the SCT overnight on OVMF (on Linux, with Qemu from Git master),
and some failures are the same but some are definitely unique to Bhyve.

OVMF:Total ran: 7118, Failed: 99, Passed: 7019

BHYVE: Total ran: 6957, Failed: 34, Passed: 6923

The BHYVE specific failures were:

RT.SetTime - SetTime() returns EFI_SUCCESS to update the Year at
EFI_TPL_APPLICATION.

RT.SetTime - SetTime() returns EFI_SUCCESS to update the Year at
EFI_TPL_CALLBACK.

RT.SetTime - SetTime() returns EFI_SUCCESS to update the Month at
EFI_TPL_CALLBACK.

SIMPLE_TEXT_INPUT_EX_PROTOCOL.ReadKeyStorkeEx - ReadKeyStorkeEx()
returns EFI_NOT_READY with console just been reseted.

SIMPLE_TEXT_INPUT_EX_PROTOCOL.Reset - Reset() returns EFI_SUCCESS and
ReadKeyStrokeEx return EFI_NOT_READY

SIMPLE_INPUT.Reset - ReadKeyStroke() returns EFI_NOT_READY when there is
no key has been stroked.

--
Rebecca Cran